Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reflections


"Who am I today?" I ask..

And wonder if I ever know.

I know the past has shaped me now,

Even though the past was long ago.


The little moments form a blur,

The times both happy and sad,

All the people I once knew,

And the things I use to have.


They all helped me to become

Where, what, and who I am now,

Because everything has influenced me,

I'm not sure exactly how.


But I'm thankful for the memories,

Even of the people I have never really met,

For the people I miss, the people I love,

And even the people I like to forget.


For these memories have helped me grow,

They've made me calm, yet strong,

And now there's a story to my life

That they've been writing all along.


So, thank you for the memories.

Without them, I don't know who I'd be-

Because somewhere among these memories

Are the things that define me.




Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment